JLOS has therefore, decided to set up committees in each of the institutions to be called “JLOS Institutional Committees” (JICs) as a forum for handling the business of the sector in the respective member Institutions. The JLOS institutional committees will provide a platform for all the staff and especially departmental heads to effectively participate in the formulation of JLOS programmes and activities especially planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation through an organized forum.
The Institutional JLOS committees shall help maximize participation and involvement of members of staff in JLOS matters; deepen ownership of the sector wide approach in the delivery of services; tap on the collective wisdom of all staff in JLOS institutions and strengthen accountability mechanisms in the sector.
Terms of reference
The following form the terms of reference for the JICs.
- To sensitize members of staff about the Justice Law and Order Sector
- To formulate and advise the head of the institution on the institution’s priorities to be considered under the JLOS Work plan
- To review the performance of the institutional JLOS Work plan on a quarterly, semi annual and annual basis and summit reports to the sector
- To carry out regular monitoring and evaluation of the Institutional JLOS work plan.
- To assist the accounting officer in dealing with audit queries arising out of the reports of the Auditor General
- To advise the accounting officer on implementing the recommendations of the Auditor General recommendations of jolts structures or on any other matter relating to JLOS
- To advise the head of institutions on strengthening the sector-wide approach within the institution and
- To carry out any other matter as the head of institution may assign the committee
The JLOS Institutional committee shall be composed of;
- The Accounting Officer of the Institution. He/she shall be the Chair of the JLOS Institutional committee
- The Institutions primary and alternate representatives to the Technical committee
- Departmental heads
- The head of the Policy and Planning Unit or the person responsible for planning and budgeting in the institution. The head of the policy and planning unit shall be the secretary to the committee.
- The head of finance and administration
- The representatives of the institutions in the JLOS working group
- Focal persons for Gender, publicity, Monitoring and Evaluation, Inspectors Forum and human resource.
- The committee may invite the staff of the JLOS Secretariat to participate in its meetings.
The JLOS Institutional committee shall meet at least once in a month or as many times as the business of the committee may demand.